Thursday, June 24, 2010

HTC Hero & Android

If you don't know by now, I am a Linux bigot.

I love the choice (almost unlimited).
I love the price (free).
I love the stability (crash, never).
I love the security (what anti-virus).

Well, the Android operating system on my new phone is the same way.

I was looking for an MP3 play for myself and a GPS for my daughter (travelling for job interviews). I found something better.

Sprint is offering HTC Hero phones for $100 (after $100 rebate) with a service plan that is UNLIMITED for $69.

I got two phones on an UNLIMITED DATA, VOICE, TEXT for LESS MONEY than my old plan with only VOICE CALLS.

So, I made the jump. I got a phone for my daughter and I, and soon my wife, Steve and June all got Android phones.

It has:
  • MP3 player
  • syncs up with google mail, contacts and calendars
  • GPS and navigation (free)
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via the 3G phone system
  • bluetooth
  • 5 megapixel camera (my phone is a better camera than my camera).
  • makes a ringtone from any MP3
  • 10,000's of free applications from google market place
  • supports up to 32G of SD card memory for photos and music
  • speaker phone that works GREAT
  • ready for this ... the phone is the best phone I have ever had
Sprint, if you are listening, for the first time since I have been a customer I feel like I've got a GOOD DEAL.